- Only those programs provided FREE OF CHARGE may be claimed.
- Only expenses incurred during the Program Funding year, January 1ST – December 31ST may be claimed.
- OCFS will NOT REIMBURSE for Prepaid Expenses—Check date cannot be prior to the invoice date. Check date cannot be before the goods or services are received.
*Refer to complete “Non-Reimbursable Cost Chart” for additional information
In order to process your claim the following must be provided:
- Copies of cancelled checks or bank statement (showing check has cleared bank)
- Invoices or receipts
- Payroll (either payroll check or payroll history report)
- Time Sheets – if an employee’s salary is charged to more than one program, the Time Sheet MUST reflect the amount of time chargeable to EACH program.
- Copies of Rental Agreements
- Copies of Contracts executed by both parties prior to start of program.
Claim forms must be completely filled out including:
- Invoice dates which show nothing was prepaid.
- “Gross amount of check” means the total amount the check was written for, not for just this program.
- “Amount chargeable to OCFS” could be the SAME as the gross amount of the check or LESS if part of the payment is charged to another program.
- “Program Expenditure Summary” The “Budgeted Amount” for each category should reflect the amounts submitted on the original “Program Budget – Appendix B” form. Prepared By and Certification MUST be TWO different people signing.
- GENERAL VOUCHER – printed on BLUE paper (if possible) and signed by claim signee person (i.e. Executive Director, Town Supervisor).
- Attach Supporting documentation – see above
Deadline for Submitting Claims
Deadline for submitting Instructional Swim Program claims is October 1st in the current program year.
Deadline for submitting all other Program claims is no later than January 30th following the funded program year (January 1st – December 31st.
Any funds that are not claimed by the deadline as stated in your contract will be forfeited and reallocated to other programs.
Instructional Swim Program Claims
- Swim claims MUST include a copy of your WSI’s certification and a copy of any Lifeguard’s certification being claimed for reimbursement.
- Payroll documentation (either payroll check or payroll history report).
The deadline for submitting Instructional Swim Program claims is October 1st in the current program year. Any funds that are not claimed by the deadline as stated in the in your contract will be forfeited .
*ONLY THOSE PROGRAMS PROVIDED FREE OF CHARGE MAY BE CLAIMED
*ONLY EXPENSES INCURRED DURING THE PROGRAM FUNDING YEAR, JANUARY 1ST – DECEMBER 31ST MAY BE CLAIMED.